Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This might be something alumni are more interested in, although anyone is welcome to check it out!
Best,
Holly

TWO NETWORKING GROUPS IN WILLIAMSVILLE

The Williamsville Department of Labor (4175 Transit Road – behind Chili’s/FWS) is now offering two networking opportunities per week.

This is an opportunity to get together with other Western New York jobseekers and share resources, contacts, and job leads. Statistics show that 70-80% of available jobs are never formally advertised, but are filled by word of mouth. Networking is a good way to find out about job possibilities, share job search ideas and resources with others and remain motivated and positive during your job search.

Meetings are facilitated by DOL employment counselors, and we welcome your participation in one or both groups!

TUESDAYS, 11:00am-12:00pm THURSDAYS, 2:30pm-3:30pm

For more information or to register, please send an email to Barbara.Deike@labor.ny.gov or call (716) 851-2659.


Top 10 Reasons to Participate in a Networking Group

1. Networking is the MOST EFFECTIVE job search strategy
“I think your networking group is really helping me. Since I've gone to your group meetings I've had FOUR interviews in 2 weeks. That’s more than I had for a year!” – Member of Williamsville group

2. Find out what job search strategies other people are using

3. Get job leads from other participants
“Guess what? I have two interviews next week!!!! Thanks for all you do for us - I'll miss you when I'm back to work!”

4. Practice your job search skills

5. Avoid feeling isolated by meeting with other jobseekers

6. Discover your marketable skills and what makes you special

7. Get additional assistance from a DOL Employment Counselor
“You are like having my own private "insider" at the Labor Dept. I hope you understand how much your assistance means to me.” – Member of Williamsville group

8. Find out about job fairs and other opportunities
“Thanks for all your help - you guys are doing a great job helping people there. This was my first time out of work since I got out of school 15 years ago and it wasn't fun. Its’ good to know that there are people like you that are taking their time to help people.” – Member of Williamsville group

9. Get motivated to step up your job search efforts

10. Celebrate when group members (and you!) get a job!

1 comment:

navaneedh said...

Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!














stepUP : Management Training Dubai